Northgate Baptist and Food For the Hungry

Northgate Baptist partners with Food For the Hungry and a small village called Marare, in Uganda, to help them become a self sustainable community. From building classrooms, supporting entrepreneurship and leadership skills, to sponsoring children from the community, we hope to help transform Marare to the point where they can help themselves as well as neighbouring communities.

In partnership with FH Canada

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Pre trip... 30 Days to take off...

I'm still feeling side effects of the vaccinations.

Sometimes it feels like I'm hallucinating, other times I have a headache. Today I didn't have enough sleep and promptly felt like garbage. Like I had a sinus cold or the flu. Chills - my mom said to help with a certain problem I should increase my water intake and incorporate some bran into my system.

I'm having way more vivid dreams than I remember and I'd really like to get back to just feeling like me.

Which means I can't wait to start taking the drugs for when I actually go to Africa.

In other news, the silent auction is coming together nicely. Movie night should be a huge success. Guest speakers are expected.

The run is expected to be a huge success - pretty much - God is looking after the things that need looking after.

So much more to cover. Gotta get on that reading the material train.

http://vimeo.com/10039258

I wish I was able to just post the video - but I don't have those permissions.


Bible Verse of the Day:

Ecclesiastes 3:13
And people should eat and drink and enjoy the fruits of their labor, for these are gifts from God.

No comments:

Post a Comment