Northgate Baptist and Food For the Hungry

Northgate Baptist partners with Food For the Hungry and a small village called Marare, in Uganda, to help them become a self sustainable community. From building classrooms, supporting entrepreneurship and leadership skills, to sponsoring children from the community, we hope to help transform Marare to the point where they can help themselves as well as neighbouring communities.

In partnership with FH Canada

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Pre trip... 34 Days to go..

This post was actually inspired by a friend.

God bless her soul, she donated $100 for the group trip and all I have to do is run around a track 5 times, 4 in a dress and once in a bikini.

This post is for all of you who have, or will or who have planned to contribute to the trip.

This person put foot to butt - and followed through on her word. She came to me, she asked, she got it done. I really had to do nothing.

I guess my one and only solemn prayer for all of you contributors, senders as the letter to the church family put it, is that you will be able to see the change that takes place as the trip both nears and takes place.

I promise to take pictures of the school being built from day 1, to the kids and everything that takes place inbetween. I will do everything I can to give you as close to live updates as possible.

Already I'm seeing changes in myself. Running water is one. The things I used to take for granted. Food is another. I may not be able to go back to Kelseys, after seeing  all the food I throw away. Attitude is one after that.


Bible Verse of the Day:

Matthew 10:29-31

What is the price of two sparrows—one copper coin? But not a single sparrow can fall to the ground without your Father knowing it. And the very hairs on your head are all numbered. So don’t be afraid; you are more valuable to God than a whole flock of sparrows.

No comments:

Post a Comment