Northgate Baptist and Food For the Hungry

Northgate Baptist partners with Food For the Hungry and a small village called Marare, in Uganda, to help them become a self sustainable community. From building classrooms, supporting entrepreneurship and leadership skills, to sponsoring children from the community, we hope to help transform Marare to the point where they can help themselves as well as neighbouring communities.

In partnership with FH Canada

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Update to Fundraising Goals. Thanks for your help!

Alright, well if you haven’t heard, our team met our goal for this year and the cash is still likely rolling in. Thank you so much to everyone that sponsored us by empties, donating items for the garage sale, coming to the garage sale, purchasing plants at the perennial sale and pretty much everything else we’ve done for fundraising…your support and encouragement is truly amazing.

As Shirley mentioned, it has definitely RAINED great successes on our team. I cannot believe we made our goal with pretty much three weeks to spare.

To update you guys, I am only $350 shy of my personal goal and the funds are still trickling in from all sorts of places I never expected. Truly, it was a lot of fun running laps with Nathan and Tim. I think the run to Africa was a tough one for most because of the down pour but everyone completed their goals. I ended up doubling my goal because Nathan (the natural sales mentality sold me) wanted to pace out 30 laps.

It’s a wonderful, calming and encouraging thought to see how everyone is so awesome. Any extra funds raised will be rolled over to next year’s project and team. (= I hope we can see off the next team with a grand first start!

No comments:

Post a Comment