Northgate Baptist and Food For the Hungry

Northgate Baptist partners with Food For the Hungry and a small village called Marare, in Uganda, to help them become a self sustainable community. From building classrooms, supporting entrepreneurship and leadership skills, to sponsoring children from the community, we hope to help transform Marare to the point where they can help themselves as well as neighbouring communities.

In partnership with FH Canada

Friday, July 6, 2018

'Twas The Night Before .....


Well, it’s the night before … and, sort of reminiscent of Christmas, the bags are all packed in the SUV with care, in hopes that that big blue jet will soon take us there ……


I’m kind of wandering around here, sort of in a daze, checking my list once and then twice to make sure I’ve missed nothing, poking at the last few jobs that have to be done, and wondering about what lies ahead.  


Having been before I have some idea of course, but there are plenty of surprises to come I’m sure.  And certainly I’m feeling a bit … perhaps inadequate.  Will I really be effective when I get there?   Am I really up for this?  And so I continue to wander … and wonder …
And my mind goes to the Christmas hymn …. (you know it, hum the tune as you read)

I wonder as I wander out under the sky,
How Jesus the Savior did come for to die.
For poor on'ry people like you and like I...
I wonder as I wander out under the sky.

And I guess that’s really it … it isn’t about me anyways.   The Lord calls us “poor ornery people” whom He died to reconcile to Himself to go do this, and it’s up to Him to use us where we get there…

And so in the morning we go.

God is good.   All the time.   And all the time.  God is good.   For that is His nature. 

No comments:

Post a Comment